About

Biology Teacher.

Former District K-12 Coordinator of Science.

Husband.

Dad.

(certainly not in order of importance)

(*PS- I’ll update the rest of this soon thanks to the careful eye of my friend Michael Gier. After recently completing a 30-year education career in Missouri, I am back in the classroom over the state line in Kansas in the rather nifty little community of Basehor. Back at it. Feels good.)

*I am currently finishing my 30th year in education as the lead of the K-12 Science program in the North Kansas City Schools. It was important to me to finish my time in Missouri public schools focused back on my love of science education. I previously led a flourishing online learning program in our NKCS secondary schools for four years. I first landed in North Kansas City as a District Coordinator of Instruction. Prior to moving to Kansas City, I spent a few years as the District Instructional Technology Coordinator in the St. Joseph School District, and leading up to this, I was a generalist instructional coach in one of the SJSD’s high schools. throughout my 20 years in St. Joseph, I taught about every biology course we had to offer including: Science Investigations (an original research course), Marine Biology (a program I developed and taught for 14 years), Honors Botany, Honors Zoology, Environmental Science, Dual-Credit Biology, Honors Biology, and even Honors Physical Science.

This weblog is authored by me, Sean Nash. Here you will find a mix of reflection and synthesis over any and all of my professional endeavors. Prior to the move to NKCS, although I was in a district position, I continued to teach a course in Marine Biology. I began this program in 1999 in the St. Joseph School District. I know, it is Missouri…  we got that a lot over the years. I still have hopes of recreating this program again at some point before I truly retire to the garden out back.

Every day is an interesting journey. I try to scribble a few things here whenever I get a chance, and sharing makes me feel good. I wouldn’t have spent nearly two decades in this profession if it didn’t. Stop in and poke around from time to time. Chances are, if the word cloud from your blog touches mine in some virtual Venn diagram, then I have likely read from yours already.

~Sean

Wordle.net word cloud for this blog as of 11.1.2008:

Wordle.net Word Cloud as of 11.1.2008

Below is a snap of the word cloud on 12.05.2009.  Wow.  a pretty major difference:

nashworld word cloud

e-mail: nashworld@gmail.com

instagram: nashworld

twitter:  nashworld

flickr: nashworld

7 Comments

1. I thought your readers would be interested in career exploration and how to make the process equitable. We could set up an opportunity for you to speak with a school counselor or even a student in high school who has utilized technology to assist in focusing their path after high school and even finding scholarships. This technology can level the playing field for ALL children regardless of their socioeconomic status. The technology I am discussing also has a free ebook (k-12) available for all students. Let me know if you would like to discuss further!