About

District Instruction Coordinator

Marine Biology instructor.

Husband.

Dad.

(certainly not in order of importance)

I am currently in a new position within the North Kansas City School District as a district level coordinator of instruction. I most recently spent the past few years as the District Instructional technology Specialist in another district. Before that, I was a generalist instructional coach in one of the St. Joseph Missouri School District’s high schools where I also taught biology.

This weblog is authored by me, Sean Nash. Important to note within the scope of this mission is the fact that I still retain one classroom. Prior to this year, though I was in a district position, I continued to teach a course in Marine Biology. I began this program over thirteen years ago in the St. Joseph School District. I know, it is Missouri…  we get that a lot. It’s OK. I hope to soon bring the wonders of the world’s oceans to students in NKCS.

In my current position as an instruction coordinator, I work with a dynamic team of six individuals to help bring alignment, clarity and vision to curriculum, instruction and assessment in our district.

Every day is an interesting journey. I try to scribble a few things here whenever I get a chance, and sharing makes me feel good. I wouldn’t have spent nearly two decades in this profession if it didn’t. Stop in and poke around from time to time. Chances are, if the word cloud from your blog touches mine in some virtual venn diagram, then I have likely read from yours already.

~Sean

Wordle.net word cloud for this blog as of 11.1.2008:

Wordle.net Word Cloud as of 11.1.2008

Below is a snap of the word cloud on 12.05.2009.  Wow.  a pretty major difference:

nashworld word cloud

e-mail: [email protected]

delicious:  nashworld

twitter:  nashworld

flickr: nashworld

shelfari: nashworld

My classroom network…

Our district network…

Me…

nash

…i’m not always screaming.

.