Post number one.

Welcome to my mess. If this site is to reflect the happenings within my brain as a result of our school’s transformation- then it looks like a jumbled mess to you right about now. We stand at the edge of a crucial transformation for our school. What is this transformation you speak of? Now this is a question worth asking. Warning: prepare to be offended by some guy answering your question with a string of his own.

What level of constructivist practice is possible in today’s secondary schools? How is learning internalized? What are the best learner-centered strategies for accessing and building knowledge? How do I know that the learning environment I have created for kids is relevant? What is “just in time” learning? How do I construct an environment that facilitates rigorous social learning between my students? How do I build relationships with 21st Century learners? What is the optimal interaction between task, instructor, and learner? Is is possible for everything I do to be embedded within a deep, rich context?

Yeah- that is just a start. As I begin to get situated here in a week or so, I will talk more about where this all is headed. Hold on, it’s going to be a thrilling ride for all of us!

~seanN

what this feels like

Sean Nash

District Academic Administrator in a public district of over thirty individual schools. Previously an Instructional Technology Coordinator. Prior to that, an Instructional Coach. Biology instructor since 1993. Find more about my passions and my work at http://nashworld.me

2 Comments

1. The Virtual Southside will be a tremendous hit. I have a few questions of my own to add:
    *At what point does technology instruction get measured by student achievement?
    *If teachers must be comfortable with technology — where is the tipping point?